Manufacturer: ASUS Computer International
Manufacturer Part Number: PRIME X299-A
Manufacturer Website Address: http://usa.asus.com
Brand Name: Asus
Product Line: Prime
Product Model: X299-A
Product Name: Prime X299-A Desktop Motherboard
Intel LGA 2066 ATX motherboard with M.2 Heatsink, DDR4 4000MHz, Dual M.2, Intel VROC support, SATA 6Gb/s, Front-panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click, system-wide tuning, delivering optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps, via Fan Xpert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI.
- M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C for unthrottled SSD storage speeds and enhanced reliability.
- Aura Sync: Controllable onboard RGB lighting that's easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware.
ASUS Prime X299-A is the ATX motherboard that's been expertly engineered for professional content creators and power users who work hard by day and play harder by night. This powerful, innovative board puts a friendly face on advanced enthusiast controls, enabling you to maximize performance, cooling and personalization with ease. So, if you live to create, to explore, to enjoy and to push the boundaries, look no further than Prime X299-A.
One-click overclock and cooling, done!
- One click takes care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
- All-new stress test that allows users to optimize and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
Cooler by design
Prime X299-A features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
EZ Tuning Wizard
Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance, or configure a RAID array for faster data retrieval and backups.
Quickly discover tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
Intuitive graphical fan control:
Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
Displays SATA port details so you can easily recognize drives.
Fast Clock Adjustment:
Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
Provides recommendations for multi-VGA configurations and detailed information for select ASUS graphics cards.
Restores your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
Last Modified Log:
Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
SATA Port Renaming:
Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Product Type: Desktop Motherboard
Processor & Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer: Intel
Total Processor Supported: 1
Processor Socket: Socket R4 LGA-2066
Processor Supported: Core
Number of Memory Slots: 8
Memory Form Factor:
Maximum Memory: 128 GB
Memory Speed Supported:
- 4 GHz (O.C.)
- 3.60 GHz (O.C.)
- 2.67 GHz
- 2.40 GHz
- 2.13 GHz
Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
Intel Optane Memory Ready: Yes
Controller Type: Serial ATA/600
RAID Supported: Yes
Audio Channels: 7.1
Network & Communication
Gigabit Ethernet: Yes
Number of Total Expansion Slots: 6
Total Number of PCI Express Slots: 6
Number of PCI Express x1 Slots: 1
Number of PCI Express x4 Slots: 2
Number of PCI Express x16 Slots: 3
Total Number of USB Ports: 8
Number of USB 3.1 Ports: 6
Number of SATA Interfaces: 8
Number of M.2 Interfaces: 2
Total Number of Onboard USB Ports: 7
Number of Onboard USB 3.1 Ports: 5
Form Factor: ATX
- Prime X299-A Desktop Motherboard
- User's Manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- 1 x Vertical M.2 Bracket Set
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s Cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
- 1 x Q-Connector
Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Environmental Certification: RoHS
Limited Warranty: 3 Year